St. Patrick’s Day has a way of bringing out the Irish in everyone. Whether it’s celebrating at your local brewery or simply donning green to ring in the occasion, Florence has lots to do if you’re wanting to embrace the luck o’ the Irish (sorry, I had to).
We’ve compiled a list of options for you to celebrate this holiday accordingly!
1. Head over to Wildwood Tavern for the day! This restaurant/bar is literally open 365 days per year. So, you know they’ve always got something good brewing for every holiday! This year, they’ve got $1 off traditional Irish cocktails, Bangers and Mash Hotdogs, Irish Coffee and Boilermakers! Plus, they’ll have green beer! Sounds like a great place to start your St. Patrick’s Day celebration!
2. Singin’ River Brewing Co. St. Patty’s Day Street Party is a great choice for all ages and interests! This event is FREE and there is a lot of fun to be had here! From 5-8 PM, DJ Nate Slaughter will be providing the tunes while local pop-up vendors will be providing food and goodies! You can sip on $3 pints of Handy’s Gold brews while participating in the pot of gold treasure hunt! You can finish off the night with some live music by Doc Dailey at 8 PM and Firekid at 9 PM! During the event, Singin’ River will be serving crawfish from their crawfish boil. Other vendors include Soul: Wingery and Records, Fiesta Mexicana, Lyons Coffee Roasters, Truly Cigars and Massages by Brandice Senecal!
3. The 9th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Party hosted by Truly Cigars is another way to top off your late night holiday celebrations! Starting at 8PM and ending at Midnight, they’ll have special drinks, special cigars and special people (that means, you!) DJ Sego Genesis from Nashville, TN will be there providing the music for the evening!
4. If BBQ is more your scene, the Back Alley (in the back room of 306 Barbecue) will host Andrew’s Legend! Starting at 7 PM, you can hear original Celtic style music and other traditional Irish songs played live!
5. The Florence-Lauderdale Tourism Visitor Center is hosting the Women of Muscle Shoals Music Speaker Panel at 2 PM in the Visitor Center Gallery. The speaker panel will host Carla Russell, Marie Lewey and Donna Jean Godchaux-McKay! This event is a great way to celebrate the Shoals’ very own music history!
6. Hoppin’ on your Harley might sound like music to your ears for this Holiday! You can start bright and early at 7 AM with the Luck of The Irish Breakfast Ride departing from the Natchez Trace Harley-Davidson in Tuscumbia. You’ll be back in time to attend the St. Patty’s Day Party with music by Dixie Mafia, food and various vendors! The party will begin at 11 AM.