As we all fight against the spread of COVID-19 during this time of self-quarantine and social distancing, keep in mind there are ways to have fun, support local businesses and stay healthy in the Shoals!
1. Support local restaurants. You can do this by ordering takeout, taking advantage of curbside delivery offerings and purchasing gift cards!
2. Get outside! Fresh air can do wonders for you! Take a stroll down the railroad bridge, through TVA trails or visit one of our parks to soak up some Vitamin D!
3. Participate in our local contest! If you've got students at home or you are a student, please consider participating in our contest. You can find more information by clicking here! This is an excellent opportunity to win some cool prizes!
4. Purchase gift certificates. This is a great way to support local restaurants and retail shops. It will inject a little cash flow during this uncertain time, and you will have an excuse to shop in your favorite stores later! Also, some businesses have online shopping that you can take advantage of!
5. Take care of yourself! Be sure to stay healthy, both physically and mentally. Eat well, stay hydrated, wash your hands, exercise in your home or outdoors, and limit your stress levels.
6. Be courteous. Kindness is more contagious than any sickness. If you’re able, lend a hand to those in need by offering to deliver groceries, prescriptions, or assist as needed.