Phone: (256) 760-6416
This park was donated to the people of Florence by Dr. Kirk R. and Lillian Cook-Diebert who initially acquired this property in 1952. It was officially dedicated on May 25, 2000.
This acreage was once a part of a large antebellum plantation owned by Judge Sidney Cherry Posey. In 1875 his heirs sold his farm to Charles Posey who had worked these same fields as a slave. Later, Charles and his wife, Amcy, began dividing the land among their heirs and this settlement became known as Posey. According to tradition, Charles Posey built a schoolhouse here for his children and others in the neighborhood.
Today, the Children's Museum of the Shoals is located at the entrance of the park.
Children's Museum of The Shoals 2810 Darby Drive Florence, Alabama 35630