Loading your recommendations…

Deibert Park

This park was donated to the people of Florence by Dr. Kirk R. and Lillian Cook-Diebert who initially acquired this property in 1952. It was officially dedicated on May 25, 2000.

This acreage was once a part of a large antebellum plantation owned by Judge Sidney Cherry Posey. In 1875 his heirs sold his farm to Charles Posey who had worked these same fields as a slave. Later, Charles and his wife, Amcy, began dividing the land among their heirs and this settlement became known as Posey. According to tradition, Charles Posey built a schoolhouse here for his children and others in the neighborhood.

Today, the Children's Museum of the Shoals is located at the entrance of the park.

Park Features:

  • Interpretive Trails
  • Restrooms
  • Ponds
  • A Wisconsin-style barn that will eventually become an educational facility
  • Playground.
  • Pets are allowed on a leash only.
  • Deibert Park is a passive park and is not used for special events
  • Florence Parks & Recreation Department Central Office located here.