Phone: (256) 760-6416
This park was donated to the people of Florence by Dr. Kirk R. and Lillian Cook-Diebert who initially acquired this property in 1952. It was officially dedicated on May 25, 2000.
This acreage was once a part of a large antebellum plantation owned by Judge Sidney Cherry Posey. In 1875 his heirs sold his farm to Charles Posey who had worked these same fields as a slave. Later, Charles and his wife, Amcy, began dividing the land among their heirs and this settlement became known as Posey. According to tradition, Charles Posey built a schoolhouse here for his children and others in the neighborhood.
Today, the Children's Museum of the Shoals is located at the entrance of the park.